Mom and sister have been a stabilising force in my life: Tanishaa Mukerji
Mumbai: Acting runs in her blood, but Tanishaa Mukerji`s career couldn`t take off in a big way. But she is thankful to her mother Tanuja and sister Kajol, both actors, for “protecting” her and being her support system. She says her motto is to live up to her own expectations.
"My mom and my sister have taught me a lot as far as my career goes. They have supported me unconditionally. But more than that they have protected me and been a very strong stabilising force in my personal life," Tanishaa said in an interview.
A decade ago Tanishaa followed in footsteps of her star sister Kajol and entered Bollywood with horror thriller ‘Sssshhh..’ Post that she featured in notable films like ‘Tango Charlie’, ‘Sarkar’ and ‘Neal N Nikki’, but couldn`t replicate her sister`s success story.
"I believe that if your personal life is not strong, you can never succeed in your work," said the actress.
She has deep rooted film legacy. If her maternal grandmother Shobhna Samarth was one of the reigning queens of 1950s, her paternal grandfather Sashadar Mukherjee was the pioneer of Indian cinema. Her father Shomu Mukherjee made films like ‘Sangdil Sanam’ and ‘Pathar Ke Insan’.
Her illustrious family background raises a lot of expectations from her, she admitted.
"My family background raises a lot of expectations. But I don`t think like that...I have always been taught to walk my own path and not allow opinions and expectations guide you. And the only expectations I want to live up to are my own," she said.
She has stayed away from greasepaint and arc light for a while now and said it was because she was busy with the production of’Son of Sardaar’, which starred her brother-in-law Ajay Devgn in the lead role.
She clarified she has "not disappeared from any scene".
"I am and will always be very much a part of the film industry. I have not been on camera in a while; however, I was working with production of for `Son of Sardaar`. It was our second Rs.100 crore hit that year...and my first in production work," she added.
The actress has been a part of regional films as well and said that it was "a conscious decision" to branch off into so many domains.
"I love challenges. And acting in a language like Telugu or Tamil, which I am not familiar with, was so much fun because of how much I learned from it," said Tanishaa who has been seen in regional films like ‘Unnale Unnale’, ‘Kantri’ and ‘Mukti’.
Now she has signed Akshay Kumar`s Marathi production venture ‘Adhantari’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in