Nothing wrong with me, insists Jagdish Mali
Mumbai: "There is absolutely nothing wrong with me," says celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali who is "embarassed" at the controversy questioning his mental and physical health.
"...I am healthy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me. I don`t know why this controversy about my health was started, and by whom," said Mali.
According to sources, Jagdish is diabetic and relies on insulin injections to stay fit. When he forgets his insulin shot, he gets disoriented. Recently, the photographer was seen walking in a semi-nude condition in Andheri and was spotted by actress Mink Brar who called Salman Khan for help.
But Jagdish says he was taking a walk when he was approached by a lady, who turned out to be Mink.
"I couldn`t recognise her. I didn`t know who she was. Does that make me unwell? Log to kuch bhi likh dete hain. I am a technician and an artiste. I`ve been part of the film industry for decades. Never before have I felt so embarrassed," he said.
Mali is saddened by the callousness that was shown in declaring him mentally and physically ill.
"No one tried to get in touch with me. No one asked me, `Are you well?` They simply took the lady`s (Mink) word for it and declared me unwell," he said.
Mali is unaware of Salman`s interest in his health and the star`s harsh words for his daughter Antara Mali, who featured in films like "Company" and "Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon".
At a recent event Salman reacted to Antara`s statement that her father doesn`t need help, saying: "Your father is seen walking in a semi-nude condition on the road and you are saying he doesn`t need help... You tell me then who needs help?"
Commenting upon that, Mali said: "I don`t know what Salman is saying. But Antara is a fine daughter. Really, there is no tragic story of insensitivity and neglect here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chaddha's 'Masaan' wins Fipresci award at Cannes
- My mom, wife worried about my health: Aamir Khan
- Found my inspiration from a 'besura' singer: Harmeet Singh
- Always had Irrfan, Amitabh Bachchan in mind for 'Piku': Sircar
- Richa Chaddha extends Cannes trip for 'detox'
- Badshah's new song 'Pinjra' on honour killings
- Amitabh Bachchan rehearses even with spotboys, reveals 'Piku' director
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sidharth Malhotra off to Coonoor to shoot for 'Kapoor and Sons'
- Amitabh Bachchan's great memories 34 years after 'Lawaris'
- Manisha Koirala partners with UNFPA to help quake-affected women
- Akshara Haasan approached for Sandakozhi 2'
- Late actress's brother upset with Kerala ex-minister
- Puri Jagannath to work with Nithiin before Chiranjeevi
- Jyotika's comeback film rakes in over Rs.8 crore
- Small role in Mahesh Babu's film means a lot: Tejaswini
- Karan Johar praises 'Baahubali - The Beginning'
- Not easy to scare audiences anymore: Arulnithi
- First look of Kamal Haasan's 'Thoongaavanam' out on May 25
- Jr. NTR delights fans with the glimpse of his son
- Esha Gupta to undergo workshop for Telugu debut
- Europe beckons Ram Charan
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced