Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia case: Five witnesses confirm actor`s allegations
Zee Media Bureau/Anindita Dev
New Delhi: Even as the din surrounding the Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia case refuses to die down, it looks like the case might have got some important lead.
In the ongoing tussle between the two former lovers, favour seems to have come for the brave actress.
The Mumbai Police have recorded statements of seven witnesses in relation with the complaint filed by Preity against her business partner and former boyfriend Ness Wadia. Preity registered a case of abusive behaviour and public humiliation against him.
Out of the seven people, five of them have confirmed Preity`s allegations and acknowledged that the incident did indeed take place.
Preity filed a written complaint on June 13 following which an FIR was registered against Wadia under IPC Sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman).
The incident reportedly took place on May 30 during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match at the Wankhede stadium in South Mumbai. The match was between Chennai Super Kings and Kings X1 Punjab.
The police want to escalate the case further by recording a complete statement of the 39-year-old actress as soon as she is back from the US, to have a better clarity of the entire scenario.
Preity is likely to record her statement either today or latest by tomorrow.
DNA quoted DCP Ravindra Shisve, who recorded the statement of the people, as saying: "On Friday, we recorded the statement of one more person who was present at Garware Pavilion when the incident occurred. We also got in touch Ranjib Biswal, IPL chairman, to record his statement. He is currently in Australia and has said that he would be coming to Mumbai next week."
However, the police will take action only after everyone has recorded their complete statement.
Ness however has denied the allegations as completely false and baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Happy Birthday to the masterly Karan Johar!
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- First Look: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy