Preity Zinta says not contesting elections
Mumbai: Actress Preity Zinta has denied news reports that she may contest Lok Sabha elections against Congress MP Priya Dutt on a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ticket.
According to media reports here, the BJP is keen to rope in Preity to fight against Priya Dutt from the North-Central Mumbai constituency.
When asked about the same by a follower on social networking platform Twitter, Preity responded: "Where did you read this? Please tear that paper because it`s 100 percent untrue."
The actress, co-owner of Kings XI Punjab IPL team, ventured into film production last year with `Ishkq in Paris`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Communities of colour still being crushed: John Legend
- Top lesser known facts about fabled cartoonist Sudhir Tailang
- Renowned Indian cartoonist Sudhir Tailang passes away at 55
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Michael Jackson's daughter hits out at 'expectations'