Rahul Gandhi not fit for politics: Babul Supriyo
Kolkata: Singer-turned-politician Babul Supriyo, who will contest for the Asansol Lok Sabha seat in West Bengal on a BJP ticket, Monday ridiculed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, saying he was not fit for politics.
The voice behind a number of hit Bollywood songs, Supriyo urged voters to bring a single party to power, claiming alliance politics has destroyed the country.
"Alliance politics has destroyed the country. My first appeal to voters is to bring one party in power.
"Dynasty politics exists in India, but I don`t think Rahul Gandhi is fit for the job. Whatever he says becomes a joke. I have always been against pushing someone who is not fit for the role," Supriyo told media persons here.
"We have seen how Congress denied Pranab Mukherjee the prime minister`s chair. The party would have some credibility if senior leaders like Kapil Sibal or P. Chidambaram were pushed for the job," he said.
The singer also batted for Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"The country needs a CEO (chief executive officer) like Modi who can efficiently run it. He has created wonders in Gujarat and I believe the Gujarat model of development should be followed in the rest of the country," said the man, who has delivered memorable hits like ‘Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukara’, ‘Pari Pari Hai Ek Pari’ and ‘Chanda Chamke’.
Meanwhile, three Trinamool Congress leaders from the Darjeeling hills, including district general secretary Manoj Dewan, joined the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan Arms Act case acquittal: Shah Rukh Khan to meet close friend?
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's 'automatic chemistry' will surprise you—Watch 'Kaabil' making video!
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!