Rajini’s family expresses shock over his death rumours
Mumbai: Tamil superstar Rajinikanth has become the latest victim of internet death hoax. The 61 year old actor, who has been hospitalised thrice since April 29th owing to recurrent respiratory infection and gastrointestinal problems is recovering well. But his false death news has left his family and fans utterly in a state of shock.
Talking to reporters during a press gathering, Latha, wife of the veteran star said, “I don`t know where these rumours started from. These are false. He is in good health and is resting at home.”
This false news left his diehard fans browsing the web frantically in a desperate attempt to find out the truth. And this made “Rajinikanth the most searched for keywords last Sunday” as quoted by a news daily.
To make matters worse for his family, fake pictures of his death were in circulation online.
Akhil Das, a crazy fan of the legendary superstar said, “I am shocked to read about this stupid rumour. Rajini sir is a superstar and a very respectful man. And what do these guys gain anyway by spreading such false news?"
Rajini was all set to start shooting for his film ‘Rana’ (now shelved) in which he would be playing a triple role. Dimpled hottie Deepika Paduokne, 26, was to play his love interest in the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman