Rape accused Inder Kumar gets bail
Zee Media Bureau/Anindita Dev
New Delhi: Bollywood actor and popular face from the television world Inder Kumar, who was accused of raping a 23 year-old model has now been granted bail.
According to reports, Kumar was arrested on the grounds of raping the small-time model on the false promise of giving her a ticket to Bollywood. Reportedly, the girl was not only raped but also suffered brutality in the hands of the accused. It also said that the victim had been stabbed by sharp objects such as fork and was probably beaten by beer bottles.
The actor has been released on a bond of Rs 30, 000 by the sessions court. The 40 year-old however, had refuted the charges and said it was on mutual consent.
The actor was arrested under sections 376 (rape), 324 (causing grievous hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code on April 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik
- 'Coffee With D' movie review: Sunil Grover’s film is fun in a ditzy way
- Irrfan Khan’s ‘Hindi Medium’ poster out and it’s interesting!
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Priyanka Chopra to appear on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ again – WATCH teaser
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Alia Bhatt congratulates Priyanka Chopra with a sweet message
- AR Rahman backs Jallikattu, to observe fast on Friday
- Yesteryear actresses who shocked our daddys & granddaddys by daring to bare