Sanjay Dutt and wife Manyata writing letters to each other everyday?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The postman is apparently knocking the gates of Sanjay Dutt’s residence very frequently now as the imprisoned actor and his wife Manyata are writing letters to each other every day.
Sanjay – who stays on the 11th floor of Imperial Heights, Pali Hill, Nargis Dutt Road - is currently lodged at the Yerawada prison in Pune since his incarceration on May 16.
According to a leading daily, the actor has been writing a letter a day to his wife and even Manyata has been replying to her husband every single day.
Additionally, the letters are sent by regular post services.
Manyata – who got married to Sanjay at a private ceremony in Goa in 2002 -has also visited her husband in prison a number of times.
Besides exchanging notes on their kids and routine home affairs, Manyata is also said to be keeping the actor abreast of the work being done by their home banner.
Sanjay Dutt was one of the Bollywood actors accused of involvement in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts. He was arrested under the provisions of the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities Act (TADA) in April 1993 but was later granted bail by the Supreme Court of India.
Having completed 18 months in jail earlier, Sanjay is currently serving his remaining sentence – a total of five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC