Shahid Kapoor to pay tribute to Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand
Noida: Shahid Kapoor, who is known for his dancing skills, will pay a tribute to legendary actors Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor, who passed away last year, at the Zee Cine Awards 2012.
The dashing actor is elated to be the one to reminisce sweet memories of the long past that saw Shammi and Dev Anand oozing charm.
Expressing his excitement to a daily, Shahid said, “I`m grateful to Zee for having approached me with such an interesting proposition. It`s a sheer privilege to pay homage to great men like Dev saab and Shammi ji. They are both exceptional and superlative talents who have made invaluable contributions to the world of Indian films.”
“If I can recreate even a fraction of their magic, I will consider it an accomplishment and a humble tribute to these luminaries,” he added.
‘Junglee’ Shammi Kapoor died of prolong illness on August 14th, 2011 while Dev Anand the ‘Guide’ bid goodbye following cardiac arrest on December 4th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday