Shahid Kapoor to pay tribute to Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand
Noida: Shahid Kapoor, who is known for his dancing skills, will pay a tribute to legendary actors Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor, who passed away last year, at the Zee Cine Awards 2012.
The dashing actor is elated to be the one to reminisce sweet memories of the long past that saw Shammi and Dev Anand oozing charm.
Expressing his excitement to a daily, Shahid said, “I`m grateful to Zee for having approached me with such an interesting proposition. It`s a sheer privilege to pay homage to great men like Dev saab and Shammi ji. They are both exceptional and superlative talents who have made invaluable contributions to the world of Indian films.”
“If I can recreate even a fraction of their magic, I will consider it an accomplishment and a humble tribute to these luminaries,” he added.
‘Junglee’ Shammi Kapoor died of prolong illness on August 14th, 2011 while Dev Anand the ‘Guide’ bid goodbye following cardiac arrest on December 4th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman