Shakira sends autographed guitar to Venezuelan president
Caracas: Colombian singer Shakira sent Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez an autographed electric guitar, a minister said.
"Shakira sent Pres. Chavez this autographed guitar," Communications Minister Andres Izarra said in a Twitter posting that included a link to a photo of the red instrument.
Chavez said during his weekly show March 27 that the singer had asked to meet with him but scheduling problems had prevented them from doing so.
Shakira was in Caracas at the time for a concert at Simon Bolivar University.
"We had expected to see her today ... she has a foundation, Pies Descalzos, which raises money for poor children ... I welcome Shakira and her Chaca Chaca," Chavez said.
Ruling party lawmaker Aristobulo Isturiz then corrected Chavez, explaining that the song was "Waka Waka".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Katy Perry named Forbes highest paid female entertainer of 2015
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan thanks his 'ardent' fans for loving him all these years!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?