Shakira sends autographed guitar to Venezuelan president
Caracas: Colombian singer Shakira sent Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez an autographed electric guitar, a minister said.
"Shakira sent Pres. Chavez this autographed guitar," Communications Minister Andres Izarra said in a Twitter posting that included a link to a photo of the red instrument.
Chavez said during his weekly show March 27 that the singer had asked to meet with him but scheduling problems had prevented them from doing so.
Shakira was in Caracas at the time for a concert at Simon Bolivar University.
"We had expected to see her today ... she has a foundation, Pies Descalzos, which raises money for poor children ... I welcome Shakira and her Chaca Chaca," Chavez said.
Ruling party lawmaker Aristobulo Isturiz then corrected Chavez, explaining that the song was "Waka Waka".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No issues between Katrina Kaif and choreographer: Nitya Mehra
- Heath Ledger was alluring, beyond his years: Jake Gyllenhaal
- If India was intolerant 'PK' wouldn't have been hit: Shatrughan Sinha
- Bill Cosby steps out with wife Camille for first time in 12 months
- Lots of love secret to looking young: Brad Pitt