Shakira sued by ex-boyfriend for USD 250 million
New York: Pop star Shakira is facing a USD 200 million lawsuit from her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua over allegations that their business partnership went bad after their relationship came to an end.
Terms between the estranged couple, who dated each other for eleven years, have turned sour as de la Rua has filed a lawsuit here accusing his ex-girlfriend of breaking a promise to continue paying him a share of her business profits, reported the Huffington Post.
The son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua argues that he left his career as a publicist while he was dating the star, eventually becoming her business manager and is thus entitled to monetary compensation for this work.
De la Rua is seeking 18 per cent of the profits from her deal with Live Nation, the world`s largest entertainment company, a contract reported to be worth approximately USD 100 million.
The couple separated in August 2010 but did not go public with the split until last January, when the 35-year-old Colombian artist posted a letter on her blog citing the decision as "mutual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan