Sonakshi Sinha`s name changed in "Once Upon A Time..."
Mumbai: In a bid to avoid controversy, the producers of `Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobara` have changed the screen name of leading lady Sonakshi Sinha.
In the Milan Luthria directed `Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara`, Sonakshi essays the role of Yasmeen. She plays Shoaib`s (Akshay Kumar) love interest.
But the producers have changed Sonakshi`s screen name to Jasmeen, a statement issued here said.
The producers learnt that Yasmeen Joseph happens to be yesteryear actress Mandakini`s name in real life and were stunned at the coincidence, the statement said.
Earlier, there were reports that Sonakshi`s character was based on Mandakini`s life but which was denied.
The makers have decided to change Sonakshi`s screen name from Yasmeen to Jasmeen and are re-dubbing the relevant portions in the film, the statement said.
The film produced by Ekta Kapoor also stars Imran Khan and Sonali Bendre. It releases on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sydney Pollack's `Tootsie` voted `greatest film ever` by actors
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black support Obama's Iran nuclear deal
- CW working on `gritty` adaptation of `Little Women`
- Shafqat Amanat Ali`s song featuring Naseeruddin Shah released
- Rajkumar Hirani to direct Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut in a commercial