Stephen Fry in flight drama
London: Actor Stephen Fry was caught up in a flight drama when police were called to the plane to deal with an unruly passenger.
The 55-year-old was on board awaiting take-off when staff announced there would be a delay while a person`s luggage was removed, but the incident escalated when cops arrived to speak to a traveller, reported Contactmusic.
Detailing the drama on his Twitter page, Fry said, "Just about to take off when `we have a problem with a passenger` - turn back remove his/her luggage. At least an hour`s delay. Amuse me, titillate me and delight me as this tedious nuisance unfolds... They`re not being informative (sic).
"Ground staff are about to enter the plane and we have been asked `to turn off all camera or video devices`... Weird. Turns out it was a belligerent a man who insisted on smoking a cigar and insulting the crew. Police on plane now," he added.
The plane was eventually allowed to depart and Fry returned to his page on the site 11 hours later to inform fans he had landed safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions