Tommy Ramones passes away at 65
London: Tommy Ramones, drummer of punk rock band `The Ramones` and the last surviving member of the group recently died at the age of 65.
The musician died in the hospice care, following the treatment for bile duct cancer, reportedly.
He started The Ramones with three friends from a New York high-school in 1974. The band has been credited with the invention of punk rock.
Everett True, the biographer, said that their influence stretches across all of rock music from 1975 onwards and it can be heard everywhere.
Although they were never commercially successful but their unique sound helped shape rock music and was still often cited as inspirations to new generations of musicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput marriage: Family all set for wedding
- Actress Pallavi Joshi does not want to be part of FTII society
- Will Shahid Kapoor share his wedding pics with fans?
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Harry Styles to pursue movie career?