Whitney Houston ‘died in bath’ after 2-day booze binge
Washington: Whitney Houston was found dead in her bathtub by her hairdresser, with her face underwater and legs in the air.
The singer - who battled drink and drug addiction in the past - had reportedly been on a 48-hour alcohol binge in the days preceding her death and is thought to have passed out before slipping under the water.
Half a dozen bottles of prescription drugs including Lorazepam, Valium and Xanax - used as sleeping aids, relaxants and to ease anxiety - are also said to have been found in Houston’s fourth-floor suite at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
After the hairdresser screamed, one of Houston’s bodyguards came into the bathroom and dragged her from the tub before attempting to revive her.
Unfortunately nothing could be done and the mother-of-one was pronounced dead at 3.55pm and her body was finally removed from the hotel on Sunday morning, Contactmusic reported.
On the Thursday before her death the ‘I Will Always Love You’ hitmaker looked disorientated and wild-eyed as she left Hollywood nightclub Tru in the early hours and had scratched on her wrist and blood running down her leg.
She was spotted downing tequila and went "berserk" when she saw on/off lover Ray J talking to US ‘X Factor’ contestant Stacy Francis.
Witnesses who saw her leave said she seemed “wasted”.
Houston then went out drinking again on Friday and onlookers say her group was loud and boisterous.
She was also displaying erratic behaviour during the daytime and on Thursday she was seen wandering around the hotel lobby with soaking hair and mismatched clothes.
One source said she appeared bloated and “smelled of alcohol and cigarettes”.
Following her untimely passing, Houston’s family issued a statement saying, “This is an unimaginable tragedy and we will miss her terribly”.