Tom Ford breaks taboo of male make-up
London: Designer Tom Ford believes men shouldn`t be afraid to wear make-up as it can enhance their looks and confidence.
The fashion designer hopes his new skincare range for men will break the taboo of male cosmetics and encourage people to make the best of their looks without feeling like their masculinity is being compromised, reported Contactmusic.
"If you`re at the Oscars there`s not a man on that red carpet who is not wearing make-up. Most straight actors I know get quite used to it. Even when they go out in real life they grab some sort of bronzer and they throw it on. They dye their eyebrows, they dye their lashes - they know the tricks.
"But they wont talk about it because I think that a lot of men confuse wanting to look good as something feminine. Using a bit of cover stick to cover broken capillaries or a spot or a pimple, I`m not trying to look like a woman. There is no shame in wanting to look like the best version of you," he said.
Ford insists his products, which have been in the works for six years, are simple to use and can make a massive different to self-esteem.
"Skin care is something I use and believe that I`m a valid spokesperson for - it`s always been very important to me. My own skin-care ritual is quite simple and straightforward; I don`t like a lot of fuss, surprisingly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' movie review: Dev Patel’s film will stay with you for a long time
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors