Tom Ford breaks taboo of male make-up
London: Designer Tom Ford believes men shouldn`t be afraid to wear make-up as it can enhance their looks and confidence.
The fashion designer hopes his new skincare range for men will break the taboo of male cosmetics and encourage people to make the best of their looks without feeling like their masculinity is being compromised, reported Contactmusic.
"If you`re at the Oscars there`s not a man on that red carpet who is not wearing make-up. Most straight actors I know get quite used to it. Even when they go out in real life they grab some sort of bronzer and they throw it on. They dye their eyebrows, they dye their lashes - they know the tricks.
"But they wont talk about it because I think that a lot of men confuse wanting to look good as something feminine. Using a bit of cover stick to cover broken capillaries or a spot or a pimple, I`m not trying to look like a woman. There is no shame in wanting to look like the best version of you," he said.
Ford insists his products, which have been in the works for six years, are simple to use and can make a massive different to self-esteem.
"Skin care is something I use and believe that I`m a valid spokesperson for - it`s always been very important to me. My own skin-care ritual is quite simple and straightforward; I don`t like a lot of fuss, surprisingly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Guys, check out Rishi Kapoor's hilarious take on Zara's ripped collection!
- Priyanka Chopra reacts to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark; urges people to focus on real issues
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Watch: Trailer of Y Film’s next series ‘Sex Chat with Pappu & Papa’
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic