Christmas Recipe: Caramel Cake
• 3 Cups, sifted cake flour
• 1-3/4 Cups white sugar
• 3 tsp Baking powder
• 1/3 Cup hot water
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• 2/3 Cup milk
• 3/4 Cup butter
• 3 Eggs
How to make
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line two 9 inch pans with parchment paper and sift flour, baking powder and salt together 3 times, keep aside.
For caramel syrup heat 1/2 cup of the sugar in a heavy skillet, keep stirring.
Continue to cook and stir till melted sugar turn into dark brown.
Remove it from the fire.
Add hot water to it and stir till dissolved, keep aside to cool.
In a large bowl, cream shortening with rest of the sugar till light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time to it, beating thoroughly.
Combine vanilla and 3 tbsp caramel syrup.
Add flour mixture and milk alternately to it and beat till soft.
Pour the mixture into two 9 inch pans.
Bake it in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan' Box Office collections: 300 cr does not seem far for Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma starrer
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Anurag Basu
- Directors don't see me in different roles: Irrfan Khan
- Was Katrina Kaif REALLY offered Salman Khan starrer 'Tubelight'? Scoop inside
- Sonakshi Sinha croons for 'Akira'