With July factory output data showing significant uptick year-on-year, the Finance Ministry Friday said the manufacturing sector is slowly emerging as a leader of the industrial growth and the economy is improving steadily.
China Wednesday announced proactive fiscal policies aimed at stabilising growth in the world's second largest economy as it grappled with industrial overcapacity, sluggish demand, struggling exports and a volatile stock market.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday chaired a high level meeting on global economic scenario with about 40 captains of industry and leading economists at his Race Course Road residence.
The high-level consultative meeting on the agenda -- 'Recent Global Events: Opportunities for India', would also be attended by RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan and Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will today meet business leaders including Reliance Industries head Mukesh Ambani, Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry as well as bankers and economists to discuss global economic scenario.
As economic crisis in the developed economies continues, the best that is on offer is a slow recovery; the high growth rates of 1992-2007 are not likely to return anytime soon, says a new book.
The US economic activities continued to expand across most surveyed regions and sectors during the period from July to mid-August, according to a survey by the Federal Reserve.
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) is expected to release the ranking of states on 'ease of doing business' this week.
Developers will not reduce price to boost sales, rather will continue with their strategy to reduce apartment size and offer freebies, Moody's Investors Service said.
With economic growth slowing to 7 percent in the April-June quarter, India Inc said on Monday the subdued performance indicates that the cost of capital needs to come down, demanding a rate cut by RBI.
Reflecting a muted performance, the GDP growth slowed to 7 percent in the April-June quarter, from 7.5 percent in the previous quarter, amid deceleration in farm, services and manufacturing sectors.
India`s economic growth slowed to a lower-than-expected 7 percent in the three months through June from 7.5 percent in the previous quarter, government data showed on Monday.
Despite backed by a strong growth in mining, manufacturing and construction sectors, the country's economic growth of 7 percent was seen as disappointing.
Growth of the eight core industries slowed to 1.1 percent in July as compared to the 3.1 percent in the same period a year ago, government showed Monday.
Jaitley added that stalled projects have to be expedited and they will lead 'Make in India' programme.
China`s economy is entering a treacherous phase as it moves away from traditional sources of growth like heavy manufacturing and real estate investment, but has yet to complete the transition to a new model, a prominent Chinese economist said on Friday.
Attributing the ongoing market carnage to global cues, ICICI Bank chief Chanda Kochhar Wednesday said the country has many positives like high forex reserves, and low current account and fiscal gaps, which can help it weather the ongoing volatilities.
A day after a rout in Chinese stocks triggered the biggest ever carnage in Indian markets, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan Tuesday said China is a big country and every adverse development has impacts, even as he warned against overburdening central banks to fix struggling economies.
As the stock markets bounced back after a day of bloodbath, the government Tuesday said India is well positioned to get through the global financial crisis and is seizing on it as an opportunity to ensure it becomes the fastest growing large economy in the world.
With the benchmark sensex witnessing the biggest single day drop ever, Congress Monday took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying he has turned "unlucky" as the economy and exports were down and prices soaring.
Reserve Bank Governor Raghuram Rajan Monday cautioned against getting complacent with the strong macro fundamentals of the economy and called for making harder choices in further reforming the structural bottlenecks preventing the economy from achieving its potential growth.
Enthused by increase in indirect tax collections, Finance Minster Arun Jaitley Monday said that the economy is in a revival phase and expected that it will clock a growth rate in excess of 8 percent in 2015-16.
Amidst global slowdown, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Sunday expressed confidence that 8-10 percent growth rate is achievable on the back on increased investment and right mix of policies.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Tuesday asserted that India must completely open up its economy to global investment, except for rare sectors.
With global rating agency Moody's cutting its growth forecast for India citing lack of reforms, Union Minister Jayant Sinha Tuesday said the government is committed to the reforms process but it is "not a single day story".
Growth in manufacturing sector is a positive development and shows that the economy is firmly on the growth path, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said Wednesday.
Retail inflation fell to a record low of 3.78 percent in July and industrial production hit a 4-month high of 3.8 percent in June, which may bring cheer to investors and add to the clamour for interest rate cut by RBI.
With crude prices still falling, inflation is expected to remain under control, Finance Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi said Wednesday while emphasising that industrial production growth shows that the economy is on mend.
Industrial production expanded at a 4-month high rate of 3.8 percent in June due to improvement in manufacturing activity.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader