Britain`s deputy prime minister Nick Clegg begins a trade mission to India on Monday, where he will meet the country`s prime minister Narendra Modi in a bid to strengthen economic ties.
The island of Puerto Rico is depopulating, as residents stream to the US mainland fleeing the island`s economic crisis and political gridlock in search of jobs.
Spain`s government sparked an outcry Thursday by giving oil group Repsol the all-clear to explore for oil and gas off the coast of the tourism-dependent Canary Islands.
India`s Ambassador to Egypt Navdeep Suri met Egyptian Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab and discussed bilateral relations, industrial cooperation and the measures to promote economic engagements.
A new research has come up with a method that automatically identifies the warning signs on search data on Google before subsequent stock market crashes.
The overall detection of HIV positive cases in Manipur rose from 25,919 in March 2007 to 40,855 in March 2012, indicating the serious magnitude in the state, according to a copy of the CAG report.
In an oblique reference to judicial intervention in matters related to environment, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Thursday said only governments should decide on the economic trajectory of the nation.
33. Korea`s foreign exchange authorities have been engaged in a quiet war in recent months to hold down the won, throwing more firepower at it than for years in a bid to support exports and help keep the economy on its fragile recovery track.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today promised more concessions in income tax when the economy improves.
Terming the condition of Indian economy as "serious", Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said though the new government is working to bring the situation back on track, it will take some time to do so.
Greece on Monday wrapped up its leadership of the rotating EU presidency by claiming the six-month stint had proved it was a "normal country" capable of managing its finances.
Congress and Samajwadi Party workers on Saturday blocked railway tracks and burnt effigies of Narendra Modi and Railway Minister Sadanand Gowda while protesting against the "steep" hike in rail fares announced by the government in its first tough steps to revive the economy.
The FIFA World Cup which is taking place in 12 Brazilian cities will generate one million jobs in the country.
Hitting hard the previous UPA government for pushing the Indian economy into shambles, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday warned of taking some bold decisions, ahead of the commencement of Budget Session of Parliament, to improve country`s economy adding that it may not go down well with some sections.
Ahead of the US-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue, two top American Senators have asked President Barack Obama to take immediate and necessary actions to crack down on currency manipulation.
In order to protect American jobs and ensure the competitiveness of US manufacturers, Senators Sherrod Brown and Jeff Sessions called for the Administration to support the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act.
To revive the investment cycle and boost growth, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today underlined the need to reduce the cost of doing business and improve the country`s business climate.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today said the government will stress on skill development so that a trained workforce can galvanise the economy, even as trade unions urged him not allow FDI in defence, railways and retail.
Telangana recorded a GSDP (State Gross Domestic Product) of Rs 3,35,018 crore for the year 2012-13, driven by industry and services sectors.
Attributing the present economic woes to a "decade of jobless growth", Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today underlined the need to contain price rise and hasten economic reforms to boost low-cost manufacturing.
Thailand is expected to publish data on Friday showing stagnant consumption and investment, more evidence of a stumbling economy that will lend urgency to the military junta`s efforts to get the country working again.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who addressed his second Cabinet meet on Thursday, has issued guidelines and priorities to all his ministers and has set the agenda for the newly formed NDA government.
Afghanistan`s aid-dependent economy is slowing markedly as NATO troops withdraw, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said Wednesday, warning that violence, political instability and lack of reform threaten future growth.
Egypt`s former military chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is expected to romp home in this month`s presidential election, but his challenge will be fighting poverty and rebuilding the shattered economy.
The World Bank has approved a $12 billion loan for cash-strapped Pakistan that will be disbursed over five years, the country`s finance ministry and the global lender said on Friday.
Singapore has always been keen to strengthen ties with India, country`s Parliament speaker Halimah Yacob has said, urging the city state-based businesses to further develop trade relations with the emerging economy.
BJP president Rajnath Singh Monday said once voted to power, bringing back the economy on track would be the top priority of the NDA government under Narendra Modi.
BJP Wednesday criticised government`s handling of the economy saying UPA had "squandered" the chance to take advantage of high growth rate left by NDA in 2004, a charge refuted by Congress which claimed its record was better on several parameters.
In a pre-poll survey that Zee Media Corp commissioned through Taleem Research Foundation, it was found that people are unhappy with the state of the economy.
Seeking to transform BIMSTEC grouping into a "vibrant regional entity", India called for greater cooperation in key areas such as security, energy, economy, connectivity and people-to-people contact.
Hitting back at Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his postage stamp barb, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said he can enlist knowledgeable people to help him govern based on the principle of being a "trustee."
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam