Recipe: Kashmiri Lamb Curry
Make your Eid special by making this yummy non-veg item.
• 5 strands Saffron
• 100 g Blanched Almonds
• 4 tbsp Sunflower Oil
• 3 Onions, sliced
• 2 Cloves Garlic, finely diced
• 1/2 tsp Ginger, finely diced
• 3 Dried Chillies, preferably Kashmiri
• 5 Green Cardamoms
• 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
• 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
• 1 tsp Ground Cumin
• 1 tsp Ground Coriander
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1kg Lean Lamb Leg, diced
• 140 ml Double Cream
• Salt, to taste
• ½ tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
• 140 ml Natural Greek Yogurt
• Oil, for cooking
Take a small bowl and put saffron in it, along with 300 ml warm water. Let it infuse.
• Set the oven at the highest setting and scatter the almonds on a non stick baking tray.
• Roast for 5 minutes or till they turn golden in color. Remove and set aside.
• Place the saucepan on medium heat and heat some oil in it.
• In the hot oil, fry onion, garlic, ginger and chilies in it, till onions become soft.
• Now, put cardamoms, fennel seeds, turmeric, cumin, coriander and garam masala and fry for a few minutes.
• Set the heat on high flame and add lamb to it. Fry till it turns brown.
• Add saffron, water, cream and black pepper to it and cook for an hour.
• Add almonds and cook for further 30 minutes or till the lamb is tender.
• Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri