George Clooney`s `The Monuments Men` delayed

Last Updated: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 12:15

Los Angeles: The release date of Hollywood star George Clooney`s drama `The Monuments Men` has been pushed back to early 2014.

The film was originally scheduled for release on December 18 this year. However, Sony has pushed the movie back until an unspecified date in February 2014 due to its visual effects not being completed on time, reported Deadline.

"We just didn`t have enough time. If any of the effects looked cheesy, the whole movie would look cheesy," said Clooney, who is the director and actor in the film.

Clooney is currently in London to score the music for the film with composer Alexandre Desplat and a 110-piece orchestra are in a race to finish it.

The delay stems from time constraints and a lack of workers on the project.

The 52 year-old actor said, "We simply don`t have enough people to work enough hours to finish it."

The epic war drama depicts the true story of a platoon including art historians and curators, who are tasked with the impossible mission of going behind enemy lines into Germany to attempt to rescue looted artistic masterpieces from the last 1000 years and return them safely back to the rightful owners.

The new date of release prevents the film to be eligible for the upcoming Academy Awards.

In addition to Clooney, the film has an ensemble cast of Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Jean Dujardin, John Goodman and Cate Blanchett. Filming took place earlier this year in Germany and England.

PTI

First Published: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 12:15

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus

Review