Would love to play Komolika, says Shikha Singh
New Delhi: Actress Shikha Singh, who played dacoit Amba in ‘Na Aana Iss Des Laado’, says she loves to essay a tough girl on screen, but if given a chance, she would love to play a mean and negative character like Komolika Basu.
Shikha has never tried her hand at sari-clad roles with heavy make-up, but she says she won`t mind playing a character like the vamp from daily soap ‘Kasautii Zindagi Kay’.
"In saas-bahu shows, there are some characters you really want to be a part of. Think of Komolika! She became a household name. I would love to play that role, if offered in today`s time. As an actor, you see completely different side," Shikha told reporters.
"Till date, I have never done something like that and I have always been very choosy. But as they say, never say never. That is what I have always believed," she added.
The actress, who has also played roles like cadet Akruti Bhatt in show "Left Right Left", and is currently seen as Shahana in ‘2612’, wants the audience to remember her work.
"I want people to remember. It`s been over two years that my role in the show (`Na Aana Iss Des Laado`) got over, but till date, people remember me for it and it is a huge compliment for me. That is what matters. What more do I want," she said.
Often seen as a strong character in TV shows, Shikha maintains that she deliberately chooses roles which are "very powerful".
"I do not regret that at all because I am like that in real life too, so I can relate to that more easily. Now when I perform and viewers see, I get compliments like `We wish we were in your place and could do what you did`. I think that the most satisfying thing for me," she said.
‘2612’ revolves around Shahana, who plans a revenge from India after her husband is shot by an inspector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Don't think it will be difficult to gel with Farhan Akhtar: Kriti Sanon
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles
- Actors are very small fish, say B-Town celebs on MNS threat
- MNS threat to Pakistan artists: Here's what Sushant Singh Rajput has to say
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers
- Margot Robbie to host 'Saturday Night Live' season premiere
- Shot or saved? WATCH Priyanka Chopra's thrilling action sequence from 'Quantico 2'
- 'Big Bang Theory' stars top highest-paid TV actors list