I'm the best white rapper-turned-actor: Mark Wahlberg
Los Angeles: Actor Mark Wahlberg considers himself the best white rapper-turned actor and has placed himself ahead of Grammy Award winner Eminem.
In an interview with Global Grind TV, the 42-year-old, who went by the name 'Marky Mark', claimed to be the most successful white rapper-turned-actor, reports contactmusic.com.
"I'm the best white rapper-turned actor. Eminem did a great job in '8 Mile', but he only made one movie so I definitely have that title," said Wahlberg.
In 1991, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, US hip-hop group led by Wahlberg, released their single "Good vibrations". The track was the lead song from their debut album, 'Music For The People', which reached no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
It was three years later in 1994 that he made his big screen debut in Danny DeVito's comedy 'Renaissance Man', however, his work was noticed only after he featured in 'The Basketball Diaries', alongside Leonardo DiCaprio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' poster: Vidyut Jammwal is blinded by money
- Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood's 'Kung Fu Yoga' trailer is the most action-packed thing you will WATCH today!
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's biological mother seeks access to her?
- Really inspired by what Deepika, Priyanka are doing: Dev Patel
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'