No family pressure to get married: Priyanka Chopra
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra`s younger brother recently got engaged, but she is not under any pressure to get married.
My brother wanted to do it and in my family we all support each other. Thankfully, I don`t have any pressure to get married from my family. My dad never put this pressure on me to settle down," Priyanka, who lost her father to cancer, said in a group interview.
But the actress, who turned 31 this summer, admits that her mother wanted her to get married ever since she turned 18.
"My mum is on her own track, but I never had any pressure because I am very work driven. But that doesn`t mean you can`t be in a relationship or can`t get married. India has also changed and you can be a working woman and also have a family," added the star of successful films like `Aitraaz`, `Mujhse Shaadi Karogi` and `Barfi!`.
Currently looking forward to the release of her superhero film `Krrish 3`, she says her real hero was her father.
She said: "For me, my dad has been my superhero. He always did superhero kind of things in my life. I was his favourite, so he used to pamper me a lot. He was very protective."
Directed by Rakesh Roshan, `Krrish 3` featuring Hrithik Roshan, Kangana Ranaut and Vivek Oberoi will come out Nov 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'