Anna Friel drinks curry tea to protect hair
London: Actress Anna Friel says she has started drinking an unusual tea made of curry leaves to preserve the natural colour of her hair.
The 36-year-old who has daughter Gracie, 7, from her relationship with David Thewlis said she felt sick after she saw some grey strands in her tresses. So, she researched natural methods for preserving her brunette locks and discovered the unusual brew.
"I felt sick recently because I found one or two grey hair and I read that curry leaves help to maintain your hair colour, so I mix them with hot water and drink it as a tea," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Friel as saying.
The "Look of Love" star, who is now dating Rhys Ifans, also drinks around 12 cups a day of the special brew of hot cayenne pepper, maple syrup and lemon juice, as a detox and anti-ageing treatment. She is thrilled with the results.
"It`s amazing. I`ve been drinking it for two months and I feel so much better and my skin has really benefited. I`m always searching for pure, natural skin products," she said.
To preserve her youthful looks, Friel also has regular vampire facials, which involves having her own blood re-injected back into her face.
"If you`re vain, as you get older you start thinking, `I`ve got to do everything I can to save my skin.` Vampire facials involve taking two vials of blood from your arm and injecting it back into your skin.
"It`s meant to help your skin heal itself and boosts collagen. It makes my skin really glowy and tight again," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall