Anna Friel drinks curry tea to protect hair
London: Actress Anna Friel says she has started drinking an unusual tea made of curry leaves to preserve the natural colour of her hair.
The 36-year-old who has daughter Gracie, 7, from her relationship with David Thewlis said she felt sick after she saw some grey strands in her tresses. So, she researched natural methods for preserving her brunette locks and discovered the unusual brew.
"I felt sick recently because I found one or two grey hair and I read that curry leaves help to maintain your hair colour, so I mix them with hot water and drink it as a tea," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Friel as saying.
The "Look of Love" star, who is now dating Rhys Ifans, also drinks around 12 cups a day of the special brew of hot cayenne pepper, maple syrup and lemon juice, as a detox and anti-ageing treatment. She is thrilled with the results.
"It`s amazing. I`ve been drinking it for two months and I feel so much better and my skin has really benefited. I`m always searching for pure, natural skin products," she said.
To preserve her youthful looks, Friel also has regular vampire facials, which involves having her own blood re-injected back into her face.
"If you`re vain, as you get older you start thinking, `I`ve got to do everything I can to save my skin.` Vampire facials involve taking two vials of blood from your arm and injecting it back into your skin.
"It`s meant to help your skin heal itself and boosts collagen. It makes my skin really glowy and tight again," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms