Emma Roberts gives tips on how to deal with depression
Washington: Emma Roberts believes that it is important to have friends and family around, who would come to help whenever you are feeling low.
The 21-year-old, who is promoting Seventeen’s Pretty Amazing contest in NYC, said that when she feels down in the dumps, it doesn’t last for long.
"If I’m having a really bad day, I always have a girlfriend - or even a guy friend - who I can call,” the Us magazine quoted her as saying.
“They’ll listen to me wallow for a minute and then be like, ‘OK, let’s stop. Everything’s great. Let’s figure out how to fix whatever’s bothering you.’”
“I’ve gone through times where you’re feeling low and you don’t reach out to people and you just keep wallowing in that, and I think that’s when things turn into a bigger deal than they need to be,” she explained.
“I think it’s important to have people who will pull you out of that, whether it’s family or friends.”
The ‘Scream 4’ actress teamed up with Seventeen for its second annual Pretty Amazing contest, which asks young girls to share their stories of personal achievement for the opportunity to appear on the cover of the magazine’s October 2012 issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall