Emma Roberts gives tips on how to deal with depression
Washington: Emma Roberts believes that it is important to have friends and family around, who would come to help whenever you are feeling low.
The 21-year-old, who is promoting Seventeen’s Pretty Amazing contest in NYC, said that when she feels down in the dumps, it doesn’t last for long.
"If I’m having a really bad day, I always have a girlfriend - or even a guy friend - who I can call,” the Us magazine quoted her as saying.
“They’ll listen to me wallow for a minute and then be like, ‘OK, let’s stop. Everything’s great. Let’s figure out how to fix whatever’s bothering you.’”
“I’ve gone through times where you’re feeling low and you don’t reach out to people and you just keep wallowing in that, and I think that’s when things turn into a bigger deal than they need to be,” she explained.
“I think it’s important to have people who will pull you out of that, whether it’s family or friends.”
The ‘Scream 4’ actress teamed up with Seventeen for its second annual Pretty Amazing contest, which asks young girls to share their stories of personal achievement for the opportunity to appear on the cover of the magazine’s October 2012 issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Bigg Boss 9' promo was not offensive: Delhi Police to court
- Victoria, David Beckham separation slammed as 'all rubbish'
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Arjun Kapoor- Kareena Kapoor’s ‘Ki and Ka’ debate – Watch, it’s funny
- Farah Khan marks triplet's birthday with 3 mn Twitter fans!
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms