Michelle `works out twice a day indoors`
London: US First Lady Michelle Obama has revealed that she often has to work out twice a day indoors to stay in shape because she and her family can`t walk outside the White House due to security reasons.
"We don`t get to walk much. Don`t feel sorry for me -- but we don`t walk as much because they don`t want you to walk.
"We can`t walk outside, so the amount of steps that it takes just to stay in shape sometimes requires putting in some extra time," the `Daily Mail` quoted Michelle as speaking on `The View` television show.
The US First Lady, whose toned arms became famous after her husband`s inauguration, share a personal trainer with her husband, Cornell McClellan, who visits from Chicago on a regular basis.
McClellan, who has worked with the Obamas for a decade, told `The New York Times` that the Obamas both try to exercise for at least an hour every day, though given their demanding schedules it is sometimes two to four times a week.
Michelle has also admitted that, like most fathers, the US President found it a challenge to see his daughters growing up so fast.
Describing her husband`s reaction the first time their eldest daughter, Malia, 12, dressed up for a party, she told the show that his attitude was relaxed on the surface, but seeing his young daughter look so grown-up came as something of a shock.
She said: "He says he`s cool, but you know... The first time Malia went out for a party and she was dressed, she had her hair done and she`s tall, she had on a pretty dress, you could see him, he was sort of like... gulp. And I was like, `Easy dad`."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation truly commendable! Pics inside
- ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ heroine Dipika Kakar admits to being in love with her co-star – Details inside
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall