Morissette suffered from eating disorders
London: Canadian singer Alanis Morissette suffered from eating disorders anorexia and bulimia when she was a teenager.
"There are often traumas, abuses and neglect that are begging to be healed. Fat can be a way to protect ourselves and survive, a way to control something in a world where everything feels out of control, and a way to stave off profound fear of feeling our feelings," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the singer as saying.
"I often find anxiety, fear, boredom, disappointment, loneliness, excitement and grief to be the top feelings food can attempt to prevent," she added.
The 37-year-old, who has an 11-month-old son Ever Imre with husband Mario "Souleye" Treadway, still has a fraught relationship with food and fat.
"See, my fraught relationship with food and fat has always been a cloaked invitation into a more profound kindness to myself, one I have so often ignored," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall