Nick Cannon forced to adopt healthy diet
Washington: Mariah Carey’s husband Nick Cannon has been asked to ditch his favourite sugary cereals after his recent hospitalisation for kidney failure.
The America’s Got Talent host fell ill during a family vacation in Aspen, Colorado in December last year.
He was discharged earlier this month and instructed by doctors to adopt a healthy diet in order to aid his recovery.
However, the 31-year-old star admits that adjusting to his new eating regime has been tough.
“I’m feeling good, I’m in the office, I’m grinding, the only thing that sucks is that I’m on the renal diet. It’s all about healthy living and fueling your system, but I don’t get to eat the things that I like to eat,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling Mtv.com.
“You’ve got to stay hydrated and (eat) fruits and vegetables for breakfast,” he said.
Cannon has since had to replace his beloved sugar-filled Lucky Charms cereal with oats as he “can’t have none of that stuff anymore”.
“(It’s) not even the good oatmeal. (It’s) real oats, like horse-feed stuff - but it’s cool. I’ve got to start to love it,” he said.
However, Cannon has found one taste solution to give his meals a kick.
“I can still have Tabasco sauce, so I’m excited about that because I love hot sauce. I’ll be putting Tabasco sauce on carrots, like, ‘This tastes delicious!’” he said.
The star insists he’s now back to good health, but his hospital experience has prompted him to take better care of himself and he’s encouraging fans to do the same.
“I feel 100 per cent right now, but obviously the doctors tell you to take it slow. This is definitely the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. I’ve always thought that I was doing the right things, but that’s why I now encourage everybody to get check-ups, get physicals, know what’s going on in your system and don’t play around with your body.
“I always considered myself as someone who was in great shape, but I was doing too much (to my body) so my immune system got confused and just started attacking my kidneys... I look like I’m in shape, but I was putting the wrong stuff into my body, speeding all the time, not sleeping and eating properly - it’s all about taking time and really caring about yourself and how you fuel yourself,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- Check out: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- Lena Headey reveals second baby gender
- Blake Lively calls Ryan Reynolds 'hypocrite'
- Josh Duggar cancels Ohio appearance amid child molestation scandal
- What were B-Towners upto on Valentine's Day?
- Your name may win you a date online
- When Cupid Attacks
- Women for alone time, men for romance on V-Day: Survey
- Nepal imports 100,000 red roses from India for V-day
- Celebrate colour-themed V-Day
- Must have special gifts for your lady love on Valentine's Day
- Women who are not afraid to love
- Valentine special: Heighten romance with chocolates
- Waiting for Mr Perfect? Go for Mr Okay instead
- Spend Valentine's Day Bollywood style
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2015: Meghalaya Board HSSLC 12th Class Arts Board Exam Results 2015 declared
- India in grip of heat wave, Kolkata yellow taxis refuse to ply between 11 am and 4 pm
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 10th SSLC Results 2015: Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Board Exam Results 2015 declared