Recovering from injury atoughest` experience for Mariah Carey
Los Angeles: Singer Mariah Carey, who suffered a serious injury in July, says recovering from her dislocated shoulder has been the "toughest experience" of her life.
The `Beautiful` hitmaker was injured while she was shooting a music video for a remix to her hit song. It has been a long road to recovery since.
She shared her ordeal via a candid letter on her page on social networking site Facebook, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"The last three months of my life have not been easy. Getting through this injury has been the toughest experience of my life. It took me three months to get to this point but thank god I was able to recover and get my arm back," posted Carey.
She says the recovery has been rather quick, and she has thanked her therapists for it.
"It`s a huge deal. It should have taken eight months and even my doctors can`t believe it. It`s been a long journey, the physical therapists have been incredible and I am very grateful to all of them for helping me," she added.
The 43-year-old has twin children, Moroccan and Monroe, with husbandNick Cannon.
She is now raring to go.
"When people expected me to go, `Here I am, I`m back and everything`s great`, it didn`t happen because my hand was still in tremendous pain and it took this long for it to heal.
"I`ve been working day and night, and it took a lot of rest (though I did sneak in to the studio a couple o` times!) but I can finally say that I am on my way to a full recovery," she said.
She will release make a comeback by releasing a new studio album, which she says is one of the "most important" records she`s ever made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall