Russell Brand`s mother has breast cancer
London: Funnyman Russell Brand has been forced to cancel his show in Derby after it emerged his mother Barbara has breast cancer.
The 38-year-old comedian later said in a video that his mother is unwell and suffering from the dreadful disease, reportedly.
"My mother has currently got breast cancer," he said on the video.
Brand, who is seeking comfort from girlfriend Jemima Khan, also hit out at the CoppaFeel! charity campaign, which encourages women to check their breasts for lumps.
The funnyman`s mother, who has suffered a number of bouts of cancer throughout her life, brought him up on her own at their family home in Essex after his father Ron left when he was six months old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms