Sinead O’Connor says music saved her life
Washington: Sinead O’Connor has revealed that she would “definitely be dead” if it wasn’t for her passion for music. The ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ hitmaker said that as a child she prayed to God for a “way out” until she discovered rhythm through her footsteps at the age of six.
“I would definitely be dead if not for music. I prayed very fervently as a small child that God would give me a way out,” a website has quoted her as telling a leading daily.
“And I remember distinctly walking home down this laneway, I can’t have been more than five or six, and with the rhythm of my feet I began to hear music, and within that second I made the association with the Holy Spirit, and I said thanks to it. I felt it was the answer to the prayers. I get to stand there and scream and I have a right to, ‘cause what else am I gonna do?” she said.
The 45-year-old singer, who released her new LP ‘How About I Be Me (And You Be You?)’ last month, admitted that she now sees her records as “diaries”.
“My records are diaries to me. They started out in anger and recovery, and there is a journey and I’m pleased that it has reached a place of happiness,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ heroine Dipika Kakar admits to being in love with her co-star – Details inside
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- I feel proud of Priyanka, Deepika: Anushka Sharma
- Tusshar Kapoor is now proud father to a baby boy! No, we aren’t kidding
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall