Women suffer more than men while commuting
London: Even as men travel more than women in everyday life, it is the women who have to bear more stress in their daily commutation, a British study has found.
According to researchers at the London School of Economics and Sheffield University, commuting has a negative effect on women`s mental health while men are, generally, unaffected, Daily Express reported.
Women have a greater responsibility for day-to-day tasks, say researchers.
Their report has found that childcare and housework means women are more sensitive to time spent commuting. They also try to pack in other chores at the same time - such as ferrying children and shopping for food.
"Women, especially those with children, are more likely to add errands to their commute," said Jennifer Roberts, a professor.
"These make commuting stressful," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall