Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalized again
Los Angeles: Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was returned to the hospital after slipping into unconsciousness on Tuesday following a series of health-related setbacks since breaking her hip in July.
Gabor, 93, was in "a great deal of pain" Tuesday morning and her husband, Frederick Prinz von Anhalt, found her to be "not responsive," her spokesman, John Blanchette, told Reuters.
Von Anhalt called an ambulance to take his wife to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where doctors were able to stabilize her condition. No further details were available.
Earlier in August, Gabor was given last rites by a priest at the same hospital.
At that time, doctors wanted to perform surgery on her liver that would give her a 50-50 chance of survival, but the couple decided "she wanted to spend her final days at home," according to Blanchette. She returned to her Bel Air mansion in mid-August.
The Hungarian-born Gabor, whose string of movies, television shows and wealthy husbands dates to the 1950s, broke her hip on July 17 when she fell out of bed while watching the TV game show "Jeopardy." She had surgery to replace the hip two days later.
She has appeared in more than 30 movies, and her penchant for calling everyone "dah-ling" in her Hungarian accent made her a well-known Hollywood personality.
Along with her two glamorous sisters Eva and Magda, Gabor made several appearances on radio and television shows in the 1950s and 1960s. She appeared in the movie "Moulin Rouge," followed by "Lili" and later "Touch of Evil."
Gabor and von Anhalt have been married for 24 years. Before him, she was married eight times to a string of husbands that included a Turkish diplomat and the hotel magnate Conrad Hilton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall