Payal Jain celebrates elements of nature
New Delhi: Designer Payal Jain paid homage to the five elements of nature – earth, fire, water, air and void (space). The show was divided into five parts, dealing with five colour and print stories.
Depicting Earth – the prints were abstract, of trees, leaves and flowers, filled with colours like mocha, chocolate, beige and jade. Depicting Water – she used myriad tones of blue ranging from deep turquoise, ink blue, indigo to warm midnight ocean blue. Prints of fish, coral, turtle, flora and fauna were also used. For Fire, the shades were burned golden, ripe tangerine, molten orange, flaming red and deep crimson. To add life to the garments vibrant prints of flames and fire was passionately displayed all over. Air, on the other hand, represented hues of whites to pale grey, iridescent shell, carbon, smoke, mid-night black and deep ebony. Void comprised of black and dark silence, creating the magic of infinite and limitless apace.
The Georgettes, chiffons and jerseys added softness to the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing