The CZA has written to the chief wildlife wardens of the states to ensure the rehabilitation of the elephants which were in their possession.
A new study had found that children in London schools are exposed to toxic air.
A giant penguin foot-bone discovered in New Zealand shows that the ancestors of everyone’s favourite flightless bird waddled Earth during the age of dinosaurs, researchers have found.
More than 3,300 live tortoises smuggled from Hong Kong were seized in China's Guangdong province, officials said.
The study covers 12 years of observations at a West Greenland field site near Russell Glacier, a dynamic front protruding from the massive inland ice sheet that covers most of the island.
Last year was the warmest on record the third time in a row, damaging corals from Australia`s Great Barrier Reef to the Caribbean, a loss for fragile species and a threat to coastal economies in the magnitude of billions of dollars.
As per the postmortem report, the lizards died of shock. Khan said the reptiles died on February 1, 2, 11 and 15.
Irwin is synonymous with the wild and his ways with nature and the animals made people adore him even more.
The city of Haikou in Hainan Province continued to have the cleanest air out of the nation's 74 major cities, while Shijiazhuang in Hebei Province was the worst polluted.
eToilets are unmanned toilets which work on an indigenous technology and are placed on a cement or metal base.
The orders were passed following a report which told of suspected poacher movement near the southern boundary of the park.
According to a report published on Tuesday, the newly discovered species that are small enough to sit on a fingernail were there in abundance but had likely been overlooked because of their size.
Almost 20 per cent of the food made available to consumers worldwide is lost through over-eating or wastage, according to a new study.
Scientists are developing a new way of extracting uranium from seawater, an advance that may help countries that lack resources to harness nuclear power from the oceans.
The medical community is in need of alternative therapies that do not rely on the opioid pathways to relieve pain.
The survey covered an area of 11,000 square kilometres in Zhejiang. Scientists identified eight new species among the fossils.
The park called 'Prakriti' is located near Shastri Park Metro Station, in New Delhi.
Over 3,55,000 eggs have been laid by Olive Ridley sea turtles within a week of mass nesting in Rushikulya river mouth of Ganjam coast, which is an all-time record.
The study says causes of air pollution and climate change are intricately linked and needed to be tackled together.
It could explain why, when looks are deceiving, the insects are still able to show a preference for mates from the same species ?
The teams went to cities in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region and neighbouring areas, including Shanxi, Shandong and Henan provinces, the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) said.
India's Science, Environment and Railway ministers on Friday flagged off, the world's largest "science exhibition on wheels", the Science Express train to create an awareness on climate change in the country.
Scientists attached to the Goa-based National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) said that India's only active volcano, the Barren Islands volcano which is located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, erupted for about four hours in January this year.
Using dozens of non-invasive camera traps for sampling entire populations, rather than track a handful of individuals, the research team recorded some 2,500 images of the three predators in action.
The study simulated the effects of painting roofs white to reflect incoming solar rays and found that it could help cool cities and reduce the effects of global warming.
A team of scientists from Harvard University is producing a hybrid woolly mammoth embryo using DNA from specimens found frozen in Siberian ice.
According to researchers, seagrass meadows reduce bacteria pathogenic to humans and marine life by up to 50 percent.
The sea ice is likely to decrease further as it usually melts to its smallest for the year at the end of February in the summer of southern hemisphere, researchers said.
Scientists say that 5 million square kilometer landmark east of Australia is a continent and this theory is backed by satellite data and rock samples.
The authors said they needed to conduct more research to determine how much of the oxygen loss was due to global warming and how much was related to natural climate cycles.
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative