As per a tiger census conducted at the national level in 2010, considered as authoritative figure, there were 38 tigers in Parambikulam spread over 643 sq feet area and 34 in Periyar that covers an area of 925 sq feet.
A Mexican marine biologist is using his new book to spread the message for protection of great white sharks, an animal that he contends is nearly perfect.
The thrilling encounter was caught on camera shows a shark snatching away catches of the two groups in Cape Cod Bay. Coincidentally, they both happened the same day.
The mystery behind how the first animals appeared on planet Earth has finally been busted.
It is believed to be the largest cluster of Sauropod footprint fossils ever found in China dating from the early Jurassic period, Xinhua news agency reported.
Listed on International Union for Conservation of Nature`s (IUCN) red list as critically endangered, the global population of Siamese crocodiles is declining at an alarming rate.
A fresh graduate named David found the antique by chance during a grill party near the Vah river, which runs through the town in Trnava Region.
The report says that climate change will effect key crops such as rice, wheat and maize.
Researchers at Australia`s University of New South Wales (UNSW) found that while hotter weather sparked heavier storms leading to floods in built up areas, it also reduces moisture in the soil, which then quickly absorbs any excess and reduces water flow in rural rivers.
The Puma, dark brown in colour, who was constantly growling at the employees, was captured after the people called the local fire service.
The video was shot at a Japanese aquarium and visitors who witnessed the incident were horrified.
Scientists at the University of Oslo in Norway and University of Liverpool in the UK found the molecular mechanism behind this highly unusual ability, which is unique among vertebrates and more commonly associated with brewer's yeast.
The newly discovered volcanoes range in height from 100 to 3,850 metres. All of them are covered in thick layers of ice.
Its unusual features saw it affectionately referred to as the 'Yoda bat'.
Seven chimpanzees of different ages and sexes living in the Primate Research Institute at Kyoto University were part of the experiment.
Global surface temperature was also the highest on record.
Last year, the green body had banned the use of disposable plastic in Delhi and NCR with effect from January 1, 2017 and directed the city government to take steps to reduce dumped waste.
As well as its number one position as a source of pollution, China is also the world's biggest investor in renewable energy such as solar and wind power.
The Kyoto Protocol is an international agreement linked to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), which commits its Parties by setting internationally binding emission reduction targets.
When researchers tracked the puppies a couple of years down the line, they found that those with mothers that were more attentive were less likely to graduate from the training programme to become guide dogs.
Researchers examined the genetic identity of more than 1,600 grass snakes many of them scientific museum specimens.
A study on about 9000 bird species' plumage coloration was conducted to answer that question.
The spotted handfish walks along the Tasmanian seabed on long fins resembling hands and is the first marine species in the world to be classified as critically endangered.
Orangutans are considered geriatric after the age of about 35.
The report says extreme heat waves have become more common and extreme cold waves less common since the 1980s.
The mushroom was found in the Pu'er Sun-River National Park in Pu'er City with half of it being covered by leaves.
There was joy and pain Friday as the zoo's only female panda gave birth to twins, but one died soon afterwards.
Two out of three people living in Europe will be affected by heat waves, coastal floods and other weather-related disasters, largely due to global warming and climate change by the end of the century, a study said.
A new study says that there is just five per cent chance of limiting global temperature rise to less than 2 degrees Celsius by the century's end as laid out in the Paris Climate Agreement of 2016.
Capinatator — whose name translates to grasping swimmer — lived 500 million years ago at a time when creatures started getting bigger and more diverse.
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- Watch: Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- J&K: LeT commander Ayub Lelhari gunned down in encounter in Pulwama
- Bihar floods: Chilling footage shows family of three falling to their death after road caves in
- This is what PM Modi said while addressing young entrepreneurs in Delhi
- Govt sends notice to 21 mobile phone makers, asks them to share security information
- Caesarean deliveries on a rise at private hospitals in India
- Watch: How floods wreak havoc in Bihar
- Watch: Tragic images of Barcelona terror attack that killed 13 people
- Delhi HC on high alert after police receives bomb threat call
- Shocking! Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel; sacks her later
- Vishal Sikka resigns as Infosys MD, CEO
- Indo-ASEAN Youth Summit: A good politician is one who makes sacrifices, says Dr Subhash Chandra
- Watch: Dr Subhash Chandra addresses Indo-ASEAN Youth Summit
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Trinamool Congress sweeps West Bengal civic polls; BJP wins 6 wards, CPI(M), Congress fail to open account
- Caught on cam: Trinamool Congress MLA Swapan Kumar Beltharia beats vendor in West Bengal's Purulia — Watch
- Shoaib Akhtar shares throwback moment with Shah Rukh Khan, calls him most humble man
- Kolkata: 23-year-old air hostess falls from third floor, dies
- Sebaonline.org – Assam HSLC Compartmental Exam Result 2017 announced
- Madhya Pradesh local body elections: BJP wins 25 posts of president; Congress improves tally, bags 15
- Data privacy: Government sends notice to 21 mobile phone makers, asks them to share security information
- Vivegam trailer: Ajith's action packed act will leave you gasping for breath—Watch
- National Security Act to be imposed against UP Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on Aug 15: Govt
- Amarinder Singh announces 50,000 jobs for youths, Punjab govt to organise 'Rozgar Melas'
- South Africa batsman Hashim Amla is considering Kolpak deal: Report
- West Bengal Municipality Poll Results: As it happened
- Knee replacement to cost less as govt caps implant devices price
- United States designates Hizbul Mujahideen as foreign terrorist organisation