12,000 Delhi premises conducive for mosquito breeding: Walia
New Delhi: A total of 12,000 premises in the capital were found to be conducive for mosquitoes` breeding from February to June this year, said Delhi Health Minister A.K Walia as he directed civic agencies to intensify efforts to fight dengue.
"As per the field checks conducted by domestic breeders, mosquito breeding has been found in more than 12,000 premises till date as compared to 7,653 premises found last year during the corresponding period," said Walia in a press statement after a review meeting.
"In the wake of sharp increase in mosquito breeding in a number of localities in Delhi, the health minister directed civic agencies to gear up to fight dengue," said a government official.
"Public health officials of all the local bodies and senior officials of the Directorate of Health Services, Delhi and Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, the National Institute of Communicable Diseases, and the National Institute of Malaria were present in the meeting chaired by Walia.
Walia directed the medical superintendents of hospitals to ensure timely diagnosis and treatment of dengue.
He also said that they must ensure there is sufficient arrangement for platelets as the test kits have already been made available to various hospitals by the National Institute of Virology, Pune.
He said that domestic breeders should not only visit the premises but also physically check air coolers and other potential places of breeding.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- Watch: Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Shocking! Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel; sacks her later
- J&K: LeT commander Ayub Lelhari gunned down in encounter in Pulwama
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Sebaonline.org – Assam HSLC Compartmental Exam Result 2017 announced
- Trinamool Congress sweeps West Bengal civic polls; BJP wins 6 wards, CPI(M), Congress fail to open account
- Shoaib Akhtar shares throwback moment with Shah Rukh Khan, calls him most humble man
- Kolkata: 23-year-old air hostess falls from third floor, dies