Days after Union minister Nitin Gadkari fired up speculations about the Chief Ministerial candidate in poll-bound Goa, BJP chief Amit Shah on Sundaytoday said the next government in the state will "function under Parrikar's leadership, irrespective of his posting".
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is confident of winning the Uttar Pradesh assembly election with a two-third majority, party President Amit Shah said on Monday.
The BJP's manifesto for the upcoming Goa Assembly polls will focus on a comprehensive mobility plan for the state, including Metro train facility, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said.
In what could indicate a rift in the Congress party ahead of the February 4 poll, a party office-bearer, who on Tuesday burnt an effigy of AICC General Secretary Digvijaya Singh, has been awarded party ticket to contest the Fatorda seat in South Goa district.
At least 1.5 million people, nearly 26 percent of Goa's population, are Catholic.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be addressing a public meeting in Goa on January 28 ahead of the State Legislative Assembly polls scheduled on February 4.
Punjab has witnessed the maximum seizure of drugs worth Rs 1.78 crore.
Senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Tuesday said the Bharatiya Janata Party will face a problem in Goa assembly elections because of the party`s differences with the RSS.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar was among 60 candidates who filed their nomination papers for next month's Assembly Elections for various constituencies.
Manohar Parrikar was appointed as Goa Chief Minister in 2000 and his first stint as Chief Minister ended in 2002.
The Election Commission on Monday issued a notice of model code violation to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for his reported remarks in poll- bound Goa where he had allegedly promoted bribery and asked him to respond by Wednesday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) today announced the names of seven more candidates for the upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly elections, thus declaring 36 nominees so far for the 40-member House.
The Congress party on Sunday released its second list of seven candidates for the upcoming Goa assembly polls, taking the number of candidates finalised so far to 34 of the 40 assembly seats.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday released its manifesto for the Goa Assembly polls with the focus on issues related to women.
Expressing confidence that the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) will form next government in Goa after the February 4 polls, the party today made it clear that they will not align with BJP "under any circumstances."
The BJP will announce the second list of its candidates for upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly election on Saturday, state party president Vinay Tendulkar said.
GSM president Anand Shirodkar said that Sukerkar will not be able to contest from Panaji constituency owing to health issues.
Expelled Congress legislator Atanasio Monserratte today resigned as a member of the Goa legislative assembly to join the United Goans Party, which he formed recently to contest the upcoming polls.
Twenty-nine more candidates filed their nominations on Friday in Punjab and Goa for the February 4 Assembly polls.
The BJP, which had won 21 of the 40 seats in the state in 2012, yesterday released the first list of candidates for the February 4 Assembly Elections in the coastal state.
GVP which contested 2012 elections without any alliance has two MLAs in the 40-member House.
Goa's ruling BJP and opposition Congress on Thursday declared their first lists of candidates for the February 4 Assembly polls.
Elections to the 40-member Goa Legislative Assembly would be held on February 4.
Refraining from projecting Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar as its chief ministerial candidate in the Goa Assembly polls, BJP today announced the names of candidates for 29 seats, including 17 sitting MLAs.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda released the BJP`s first list of 17 candidates for Punjab polls and 29 candidates for Goa polls.
Assembly Elections in the politically-crucial Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur will be held between February 04 and March 08.
With the issuance of notification in Goa and Punjab, the formal process of elections in the two states began on Wednesday.
As he visited the land of his ancestors, Portugese Prime Minister Antonio Costa was on Wednesday accorded a warm welcome in Goa, with Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar terming it as a "proud" moment for the people of the state.
Arvind Kejriwal had said that both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party offer money to voters during elections.
Notifications for single-phased Punjab and Goa Assembly elections will be issued on Wednesday, kick-starting the process of filing of nomination papers.
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- Delhi: Republic Day full dress rehearsal today
- Watch: Preparation undergoing for 68th Republic Day celebration in Delhi
- Dynastic politics: How leaders seek tickets for their family for polls
- NSG to make their debut at Republic Day parade
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Mi6: This is what you need to know about launch, price and specs
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sold out; here are the dates of the next sale
- Younger Phogat sisters hope to claim Olympic medal to complete father's unfulfilled dream
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017: 'BJP would gain if Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance fails'
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- Ukraine and sores of Black Sea looks spectacular from space station!
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!