New Delhi: Gujarat will roll out the red carpet for Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe who arrives here on Tuesday on a two-day visit during which he will lay the foundation stone for Rs1.1 trillion high-speed bullet train project.
The twin cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, which will host a slew of programmes during the high-profile visit, are all decked up to welcome the foreign dignitary with streets shimmering in fluorescent lights, and hoardings and banners welcoming Abe dotting them.
Following are the details of PM Modi-Shinzo Abe schedule:
- PM Modi will arrive at Ahmedabad airport at 3:30 pm tomorrow
- The visit will begin tomorrow afternoon with an 8 km road show where Abe will be accorded a grand welcome
- They will visit Sabarmati Ashram and iconic 16th century Sidi Saiyyed Mosque in the eastern part of the city famous for its intricate stone lattice work on Tuesday.
- Prime Minister Modi will host dinner for Abe at Agashiye restaurant in the House of MG, a well-known heritage hotel in Ahmedabad.
- Japanese PM will be given an overview of the heritage of the city in prime minister Modi's home state.
- PM Modi will also have a close-door meeting with Japanese PM at the House of Mangaldas.
- Modi will then head to Raj Bhavan while Japanese PM will stay at Hotel Hayat.
- On Thursday, Abe and Modi will lay the foundation stone for the high-speed train project between Ahmedabad and Mumbai which is expected to be completed by 2022, and is likely to traverse the distance of over 500 km between in around two hours.
- The two leaders will hold the 12th Indo-Japan annual Summit meeting at Gandhinagar after which agreements will be exchanged. Later, an India-Japan business plenary meeting will be held.
- Fifteen agreements will be signed for investments in Gujarat during the visit of the Japanese prime minister, he said.
- Abe's spouse Akie Abe will accompany him and also have a busy schedule. She will be visiting a number of places including an NGO -- Blind People's Association.