New Delhi: The deteriorating air quality in Delhi-NCR which has been a matter of concern for the people poses severe health risks.
While solving the challenges of air pollution in Delhi remains a huge task for the lawmakers, there are many things you can do on your personal level to help reduce the health risk of toxic pollutants.
Here are a few tips that you should follow:
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of fruits rich in vitamin C, magnesium, omega fatty acids that can help fight any allergy or infection.
- Avoid morning walks or outdoor exercises as it can harm the body as tiny hazardous particles can enter the lungs.
- Vacuum your house and floors every day to avoid accumulation of more dust particles indoors.
- Install an air purifier as this is one of the best ways to tackle air pollution-related health problems and can be beneficial for people with respiratory conditions as well.
- When going outdoors, make sure that you wear a good quality anti-pollution mask, such as N95, N99 or VOG mask.
- Try to monitor air pollution levels before venturing outside.
- Try to have indoor plants in your house as houseplants are scientifically proven to help reduce indoor air pollution.