Arsenal needs to make key signings quickly
London: England manager Fabio Capello has told Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to start spending before the club’s season goes up in smoke.
Wenger has come under fire for failing to line up a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, while Samir Nasri also looks on his way out of the club.
“I have a good relationship with him, he’s a good manager, but it’s not a good moment. It’s difficult after six years without a trophy for such an important club like Arsenal,” a daily quoted Capello, as saying.
“He needs to buy some new players some important ones, but it’s difficult to find top names at this moment because the best are playing with important clubs, teams who want to win,” he added.
Arsenal has not won a trophy for six years and fans are concerned at a lack of buying activity in the transfer market this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends