Aston Villa prices Downing at 20 million pounds
London: Football Club Aston Villa has told Arsenal and Liverpool that the asking price for in-demand winger Stewart Downing is 20 million pounds.
The England ace, 26, has been told to stay at Villa Park unless the club’s asking price is met, acoording to a report in a daily.
Villa sources said they are not interested in sparking off a bidding war and the board remains adamant that Downing is not for sale.
The Gunners are reportedly ready to pay 18 million pounds for Downing, but has rubbished reports of an offer being made.
Liverpool’s offer of 15 million pounds for Downing was rejected last week, and they were expected to increase it to 16 million pounds.
They have also tried to tempt Villa by including fringe players in the deal, but new boss Alex McLeish is not interested in any kind of exchange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video