Aston Villa prices Downing at 20 million pounds
London: Football Club Aston Villa has told Arsenal and Liverpool that the asking price for in-demand winger Stewart Downing is 20 million pounds.
The England ace, 26, has been told to stay at Villa Park unless the club’s asking price is met, acoording to a report in a daily.
Villa sources said they are not interested in sparking off a bidding war and the board remains adamant that Downing is not for sale.
The Gunners are reportedly ready to pay 18 million pounds for Downing, but has rubbished reports of an offer being made.
Liverpool’s offer of 15 million pounds for Downing was rejected last week, and they were expected to increase it to 16 million pounds.
They have also tried to tempt Villa by including fringe players in the deal, but new boss Alex McLeish is not interested in any kind of exchange.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!