Aston Villa prices Downing at 20 million pounds
London: Football Club Aston Villa has told Arsenal and Liverpool that the asking price for in-demand winger Stewart Downing is 20 million pounds.
The England ace, 26, has been told to stay at Villa Park unless the club’s asking price is met, acoording to a report in a daily.
Villa sources said they are not interested in sparking off a bidding war and the board remains adamant that Downing is not for sale.
The Gunners are reportedly ready to pay 18 million pounds for Downing, but has rubbished reports of an offer being made.
Liverpool’s offer of 15 million pounds for Downing was rejected last week, and they were expected to increase it to 16 million pounds.
They have also tried to tempt Villa by including fringe players in the deal, but new boss Alex McLeish is not interested in any kind of exchange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam