Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini heralded Stevan Jovetic`s perseverance after the Montenegrin striker scored twice in the Premier League champions` 3-1 win at home to Liverpool.
Mario Balotelli said he was glad to be back in the Premier League after the controversial Italy striker completed his £16 million ($26.5 million, 20.1 million euros) move to Liverpool on Monday.
Having just waved goodbye to a player who constantly courted controversy, Liverpool rolled out the welcome mat to Mario Balotelli on Monday, whose maverick if inconsistent talent is perhaps only rivalled by his ability to cause mischief.
Manchester City and Liverpool will renew their rivalry beneath the Etihad Stadium floodlights on Monday in the first major head-to-head encounter of the fledgling Premier League season.
Italy and former AC Milan controversial striker Mario Balotelli, provides Liverpool an added zeal in the attack, just what the Reds had been looking for after the departure of Luis Suarez. Balotelli is set to complete a £16m move to the Anfield club from the San Siro giants on Monday. The valuation of the deal has been a highlight of the summer transfer window, it`s a sheer bargain!
Manchester City football team boss Manuel Pellegrini has said that Liverpool could not deal with the pressure in last year`s Premier League title race.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insisted Friday no player would be allowed to disturb the "fantastic environment" at Anfield as the Reds appeared to close in on signing controversial striker Mario Balotelli.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said Friday that Mario Balotelli could be the "perfect fit" for Liverpool but that the Reds would still miss star striker Luis Suarez.
Mario Balotelli`s departure from AC Milan for Liverpool provoked few tears among Italian football fans with many saying `good riddance` to the controversial striker.
Mario Balotelli will have to agree to Liverpool`s code of conduct if his proposed £16 million ($27 million, 20 million euros) transfer from AC Milan is to be completed, according to reports in the British press on Friday.
Liverpool`s regrets about missing out on a first English league title for 24 years last season will be stronger than ever on Monday when they visit champions Manchester City, who pipped them by two points.
Manchester United great Paul Scholes has said he is scared about the club`s future and believes they could spiral into decline in the same way rivals Liverpool did in the 1990s.
Luis Suarez made his first appearance for Barcelona after his move from Liverpool for a reported 95 million euros (£75 million, $127 million) as the Catalans hammered Mexican side Club Leon 6-0 in a friendly on Monday.
Manchester United will return to the top four of the Premier League this season but it is only Liverpool that can challenge for the title, according to former England striker Michael Owen who played for both clubs.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said that Luis Suarez is a good boy. Despite all the troubles associated with his former striker, Rodgers had always held the Uruguayan in high esteem.
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference? - Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the sufferings and pain caused due to 1984 Bhopal Gas tragedy
- Girl molested and stabbed in Hauz Khas area of Delhi
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Yuvraj Singh’s post-marriage selfie with wife Hazel Keech is funny – See PIC
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- Donald Trump's phone calls to Pakistan's PM and Taiwan's President `upset diplomacy`
- Ahead of 'Heart of Asia' conference, PM Narendra Modi visits Golden Temple, serves 'langar'