`Catching up with Vettel achievable,but difficult`
London: Formula One driver Mark Webber believes that catching up with fellow Red Bull star Sebastian Vettel is achievable, but difficult.
Talking ahead of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone this weekend, Webber said that he was aware of Vettel’s 77-point lead over himself and Jenson Button, but still hoped to repeat his 2010 Silverstone triumph.
“Seb can be caught but it will take a phenomenal effort,” the Daily Express quoted Webber, who is planning to obtain a pilot’s licence in the near future, as saying.
“There are a lot of races left and a couple of non-finishes by Seb could change things pretty fast, so you’ve got to hang in there. Someone has to get on a roll with some victories,” he added.
“It is possible for me to win the championship but it will be very tough. The next four or five races are very important, as momentum can change things. There’s only one guy who can be really happy with his season so far – and that’s Seb. The rest of us have been frustrated in certain ways,” said Webber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown