China`s Li through to Melbourne semi-finals
Melbourne: China`s Li Na stormed into her second successive Australian Open semi-final on Tuesday, recovering from early stumbles in both sets before blowing away German Andrea Petkovic 6-2, 6-4 with a ruthless barrage of clean hitting.
Li, her country`s first top-10 player, was broken in the first game of each set but attacked the German`s serve furiously to close out the match in 80 minutes at Rod Laver Arena.
Petkovic appeared nervous on her grand slam quarter-final debut and sprayed two forehands to concede the first set.
Serving to stay in the match in the second, Petkovic slapped a forehand long to hand her Chinese opponent victory, Li celebrating the win by yelping "Yeah!" and grinning at her husband and coach Jiang Shan in the stands.
Li will play either top seed Caroline Wozniacki or Francesca Schiavone for a place in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015