Serena Williams is taking nothing for granted as she vies for a third straight US Open title, which would put her alongside two greats of the game.
Serena Williams, who opens her quest for a third successive U.S. Open title with a meeting against fellow African American Taylor Townsend on Tuesday, said Arthur Ashe would have been proud.
Adam Scott has confirmed he will return to Sydney for the Australian Open in November with the intent of making amends for his final-hole disappointment last year.
Former champion Juan Martin del Potro will miss the US Open as he continues to recover from wrist surgery, the ATP tweeted Friday.
Li Na`s Grand Slam future is "up in the air" after an injury-hit season and the loss of her inspirational coach, tennis great Martina Navratilova told AFP on Friday.
Wayward Australian star Bernard Tomic has received a wildcard into this month`s US Open after missing out on direct entry into the men`s draw, Tennis Australia said Thursday.
World number one Rory McIlroy has confirmed he will be back in Sydney in November to defend the Australian Open title he snatched from Adam Scott`s grasp on the final hole last year.
Fifth-ranked Tomas Berdych, hoping to crack the top four in men`s tennis for years, says Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have resumed their stranglehold at the top despite Stanislas Wawrinka`s shock Australian Open title.
Six Australians, some of them tennis players, were Friday arrested in connection with an alleged international tennis match-fixing ring.
Global management company IMG said Thursday it had split with troubled Australian tennis star Bernard Tomic, reportedly amid concerns over his off-court behaviour.
The prize money pool for this year`s U.S. Open has been increased by 11.7 percent to a record $38.3 million, the United States Tennis Association (USTA) announced on Wednesday.
Romania`s Simona Halep continued her impressive season with a businesslike dismantling of Sabine Lisicki at Wimbledon on Wednesday to set up what should be an enthralling semi-final against surprise package Eugenie Bouchard.
For Australian legend Pat Cash watching teen sensation Nick Kyrgios knocking out World No.1 Rafael Nadal from the Wimbledon was fun. It revived his memories of another teenager, Mark Philippoussis, who had stunned then World No.1 Pete Sampras in the 1996 Australian Open.
Having scored an emphatic win in the Australian Open, ace shuttler Saina Nehwal today said she would like to keep herself fit and strong in a year that will see her compete in important tournaments, including the upcoming Commonwealth Games.
Fifth seed Stanislas Wawrinka needed only 87 minutes to breeze through his delayed third round match against Uzbekistan`s Denis Istomin on Monday, but faces a punishing upcoming schedule.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has congratulated ace shuttler Saina Nehwal for winning the Australian Open badminton tournament today.
Former world number one and double Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka was knocked out of Wimbledon on Wednesday, losing in the second round to Serbia`s Bojana Jovanovski.
Five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams chalked up her first victory at the tournament for three years, adopting an underdog mentality to help her to dispose of Spaniard Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor 6-4 4-6 6-2.
Former world No.1 Victoria Azarenka made a disappointing return from injury when she lost to plucky Italian Camila Giorgi 4-6 6-3 7-5 in the first round of the Aegon International grasscourt tournament on Tuesday.
A day after pocketing a second French Open career title, Russian sensation Maria Sharapova said she wonders if she is ever going to fall asleep.
Maria Sharapova claimed her second French Open title when she floored Romanian fourth seed Simona Halep 6-4 6-7(5) 6-4 after a marathon encounter in Saturday`s final.
Young Canadian Eugenie Bouchard has sailed into the quarterfinals of the French Open on Sunday by beating eighth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany.
Two-time Olympic badminton gold medallist and five-time world champion Lin Dan will have to qualify to make his debut at this month`s Australian Open, organisers said Monday.
Novak Djokovic believes his six defeats in Grand Slam finals have made him grow up fast as he takes aim at an elusive first French Open title.
Chinese second seed Li Na admitted she wasn`t ready mentally after crashing out in the French Open first round at the hands of world number 103 Kristina Mladenovic of France.
The tough and energy sapping Uber Cup campaign will probably force Indian badminton sensations Saina Nehwal and P.V. Sindhu to miss the $250,000 Japan Open Super Series to be held in Tokyo from June 10-15.
When Kei Nishikori roped in Michael Chang as his mentor last December, many have doubted the purpose of having a star coach. Employing former players have become a trend, and many of the top players currently travel with former champions.
Serena Williams says that she is like wine and getting better with age as she glided into the French Open, after a triumphant win at the Italian Open last week.
The so-called Big Four of men`s tennis is now the Big Five according to long-standing member of the elite Novak Djokovic, but Stanislas Wawrinka is not so sure.
Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli will enjoy the French Open from the safety of a television commentary box this year, free from the pressure loaded on the shoulders of the home brigade.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Watch: Fast N Facts
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Russian warships fire cruise missiles as Moscow backs Syrian offensive
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri
- 3rd T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for