‘Cong`s concern for Muslims exposed by Sachar Comm
Meerut: Alleging that Congress leaders are
shedding "crocodile tears" over the Batla house encounter to
woo the Muslim community, BSP supremo Mayawati on Sunday said the
party`s concern for the community stands exposed by the Sachar committee.
"The reality of Congress leaders who shed crocodile tears
over the plight of Muslims has been revealed by the Sachar
"Despite all this, Congress leaders are not tiring of
creating drama over the Batla house encounter," the Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister alleged.
While attacking Opposition Samajwadi Party Mayawati
said that the state will see "jungle raj" and reign of
"mafias" and "goondas" if the party comes to power.
"If the Samajwadi Party comes to power, then the state
will once again see the rule of goondas and mafias. Jungle Raj
will be established," she alleged at an election rally here.
"It will be difficult for women to venture out of their
homes alone," she claimed.
Targeting the Congress, Mayawati alleged that if the
party, which is "hungry" to form a government in UP for last
22 years, comes to power then "small business will cease to
exist as they will be given to foreign companies as per the
FDI policy and the poor and unemployed will be forced to
migrate to other states."
Mayawati also said that "communal forces will be
strengthened" if BJP forms the next government.
BJP, SP and the Congress have "already accepted defeat"
in the elections, she said.
On the NRHM scam, she said that the probe into it had
picked up in the last 2-3 days, while claiming that the
state government had nothing to do with it as this was a
The Centre has not responded to the proposal of the
division of the state, for which she has written many letters
to them, Mayawati alleged, while adding that the same was
the case for reservation of Jats.
Talking about the Central funds, Mayawati said that while
disbursing funds the Centre was behaving as if it was its own
money not the constitutional rights of the state.
On sugarcane, she said the government has increased the
price of the crop from Rs 125 to Rs 250 per quintal in the
past 5 years and had got the due payment of Rs 2,600 crore
from sugar mills to its farmers.
She also claimed that various projects in the state were
lying incomplete due to lack of Central funds, however,
Congress leaders were blaming her government for the lack of
development in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand