CWG bronze-medallist lifter strikes gold at National Games
Jamshedpur: Commonwealth Games bronze medallist V Srinivasa Rao bettered his previous record to clinch the yellow metal in the men`s 56 kg category of the 34th National Games` Weightlifting event at the Tata Auditorium here on Tuesday.
Rao, who had set a National Games record by lifting 135 kg in Jerk in the last edition in Guwahati, improved his performance by a kilogram and lifted 136kg.
The SSCB lifter topped the rank in snatch with a 104kg lift in snatch and grabbed gold with a total lift of 226 points.
Mayur Sinhasane of Maharashtra lifted 103kg in snatch and 130kg in jerk to finish second with a total lift of 225 points.
Sinhasane was followed by M Tamil Selvan (Tamil Nadu), who managed a total lift of 205kg.
Around 100 weightlifters are taking part in different weight categories of the event that began here on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda