The imperious Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara breaks the 66-year-old record for most scores of 190 plus held by Sir Donald Bradman of Australia. On Saturday, the former Sri Lanka captain completed his 10th Test double century and 13th 190 plus score at Galle.
Salman Khan starrer `Kick` has minted over Rs. 100 crore in India in just four days post release. While the movie is soon to enter the Rs. 200 crore club at the domestic box-office, it is doing equally well in the overseas market.
James Anderson will head to his Old Trafford home ground for the fourth Test against India hoping to close in on Ian Botham`s record for the most Test wickets by an England bowler.
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan`s upcoming film `Kick` is already making headlines. If reports are to be believed, then `Dabangg` Khan`s much awaited action film has broken the record of arch-rival Shah Rukh Khan`s `Darr` much before its release.
The number of households on welfare in Japan reached a record 1,602,163 as of March, up 3,345 from the previous month, the government said today.
A record number of 14,050 runners from over 125 countries and regions raced in the 10th Geneva International Marathon over the weekend, according to the event organiser.
Meb Keflezighi became the first American man to win the Boston Marathon in 31 years. The 31-year-old Eritrean-born beat Wilson Chebet to win the coveted title in two hours, eight minutes and 37 seconds.
Fantasy drama series `Game of Thrones` has broken its own record as one of the most illegally downloaded episodes of all time.
Chinese actor Wen Zhang has broken social media records by apologizing for having an affair to his wife Ma Yili on Weibo.
Former captain Kapil Dev today said that Indian batting`s mainstay Virat Kohli will rewrite more records than anyone else in world cricket and believed the Delhi batsman has realistic chances of "bettering" even Sachin Tendulkar`s career graph if he remains injury-free.
The chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB) has dismissed speculations of Misbah-ul-Haq being replaced as captain of the one-day side by making it clear that the veteran batsman would remain at the helm because of his impressive record.
Port of Spain: Swashbuckling batsman Chris Gayle is set to play his 100th Test at his home ground in Jamaica when New Zealand tour the Caribbean in June, the West Indies Cricket Board said.
Pakistani batting legend Zaheer Abbas has backed Indian batting ace Virat Kohli to break all the records in international cricket and said that the premier Indian batter is destined for greatness.
At the age of 13, when most kids are busy playing video games, Jamie Edwards, has achieved the feat of becoming one of the youngest people in the world to carry out nuclear fusion.
Nepal is working on a mountaineering policy to correct records, especially about Mount Everest, and to make mountaineering more organised and flawless, the government said Tuesday.
India is likely to achieve record production of foodgrains and other crops in Kharif season of 2013-14 because of good monsoon that has led to the doubling of sowing area, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar said today.
The power transmission and distribution system in Haryana supplied an all-time high of 1,536.43 lakh units and took a record 7,527 MW load during peak hours on Monday, an official said on Tuesday.
Actor Matthew Morrison is working on a Christmas album, which is expected to get released next year around December.
A special CBI court here recorded the statement of Irfan, an alleged contract killer and an accused in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case.
64 years after his death, Mahatma`s name created a fresh world record in the Guinness Book as 485 underprivileged boys brought out a
Swashbuckling India opener Virender Sehwag was singing songs of Kishore Kumar during the course of his record 149-ball 219-run knock against the West Indies in the fourth ODI in Indore, his team-mate Suresh Raina said.
The Lok Sabha on Friday congratulated cricketer Virender Sehwag for scoring a world record 219 runs in a one day international match.
Man of the moment Virender Sehwag feels that opportunity to score a double hundred in an ODI comes once in a lifetime and he is happy to have broken his role model Sachin Tendulkar`s record.
West Indies` Ravi Rampaul on Friday created a new world record for the highest score by a No 10 batsman in history of ODIs.
The inaugural Indian F1 Grand Prix turned out to be a one-man show with German double world champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull taking victory from the pole.
Rahul Dravid struck his 35th Test century to surpass Sunil Gavaskar and become the second highest century maker from India on Sunday.
U2’s latest tour ‘360’ has made history as the most successful concert tour of all time after having grossed a record-breaking 736.1 million dollars.
Rahul Dravid said it was "truly fantastic" to join compatriot Sunil Gavaskar on 34 Test hundreds.
Pop band ‘Take That’ has broken the record of the highest grossing concert, which had been held by Bruce Springsteen for the last eight years.
A Delhi court would record on
Monday the statement of former Congress MP Sajjan Kumar, who
is facing trial in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case relating to the
killing of six persons.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon Hanging: Should capital punishment be abolished?-Part 3
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- This was Yakub Memon's last wish before being hanged
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in his hometown Rameswaram today
- Yakub Memon not first terrorist to be hanged. These were executed before him
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Ranveer Singh's loss is Shah Rukh-Salman's gain?
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Nation mourns loss of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam but Assam CM Tarun Gogoi dances, plays golf - Watch