Federer downs Djokovic to win Cincinnati title
Cincinnati: World number one Roger Federer warmed up for the US Open in perfect fashion as he beat fourth seed Novak Djokovic 6-1, 7-5 to win the Cincinnati Masters.
The 15-times grand-slam champion ripped through the first set and then came from 3-0 down to win the second and clinch his fourth title of the year.
A 13-minute second game proved important as Federer broke for 2-0 and another break two games later helped him to take the opening set.
Djokovic hit back to lead 3-0 in the second and had a set point at 5-4 but Federer held on and then broke in the following game on his way to his 16th Masters Series title and his 61st career crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!