Federer downs Djokovic to win Cincinnati title
Cincinnati: World number one Roger Federer warmed up for the US Open in perfect fashion as he beat fourth seed Novak Djokovic 6-1, 7-5 to win the Cincinnati Masters.
The 15-times grand-slam champion ripped through the first set and then came from 3-0 down to win the second and clinch his fourth title of the year.
A 13-minute second game proved important as Federer broke for 2-0 and another break two games later helped him to take the opening set.
Djokovic hit back to lead 3-0 in the second and had a set point at 5-4 but Federer held on and then broke in the following game on his way to his 16th Masters Series title and his 61st career crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video