Maria Sharapova recently revealed the secret behind her success is her `competitive drive`, which helped her achieve triumph in every aspect of life.
The 2014 US Open begins Monday with American men seeking to end a Grand Slam drought now more than a decade long. The signs, however, are not promising.
Argentina tennis star Juan Martin Del Potro`s boycott of the Davis Cup team could be at an end after captain Martin Jaite announced on Tuesday he would be stepping down after their play-off with Israel in September.
World number one Serena Williams is firing on all cylinders as she seeks to stretch her tally of Grand Slam singles titles to 18 at the US Open.
The world number three from Switzerland claimed his sixth Cincinnati title, hammering six aces and winning an impressive 76 percent of his first serve points in the one hour, 42 minute match.
Williams, bidding for her first title at the Cincinnati, Ohio hardcourt tournament, romped to a 6-1 6-3 victory over her Serbian opponent.
Somdev Devvarman went down fighting against world number 54 Mikhail Kukushkin in the quarter-finals of the USD 100,000 ATP Challenger event here.
India`s N Sriram Balaji clinched his first ITF Futures singles title of the season when he scored a comfortable straight sets win over Liang-Chi Huang in the summit clash, here Saturday.
Sania Mirza and Cara Black spanked Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears in just 52 minutes to seal a semifinal berth at the WTA Rogers Cup, here.
Ace tennis player Leander Paes denied all allegations of domestic violence and harassment against him before the local metropolitan magistrate`s court here on Wednesday.
Apparently upset with a controversy over Telangana government`s decision to appoint her as the brand Ambassador of the newly-created state, ace Indian tennis star Sania Mirza on Friday said that it is unfair that she has to keep asserting her Indian-ness.
Can India better it`s 2010 performance at the 2014 Commonwealth Games? This is the question everyone is asking ahead of the Glasgow opening ceremony. In the previous edition of the Games, held in Delhi, India won a record 101 medals. The unprecendented medal haul helped the host nation to finish second behind Australia in the medals tally.
Venus Williams has posed nude for a magazine, and the stylist who worked on the look, says the tennis star found it easy.
Despite that serve-and-volley approach, Federer seemed to be playing his best tennis against Djokovic, who has been the most consistent player in men`s tennis of late.
With Kerala gearing up to host its second National Games next year, the state`s sports infrastructure is expected to get over Rs 600 crore as investment.
After Maria Sharapova stated that she doesn`t know who Sachin Tendulkar was post her Wimbledon match against Angelique Kerber, angry cricket fans took to Twitter, and started a new trend called "Who is Maria Sharapova".
Caroline Wozniacki called for on-court clocks to be installed to clamp down on Wimbledon time-wasters after the former world number one crashed out in the fourth round on Monday.
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova claimed another famous scalp at Wimbledon as the unseeded Czech moved into the quarter-finals with a 6-2, 7-5 victory against former world number one Caroline Wozniacki on Monday.
American tennis legend John McEnroe feels that it is time for a shake up to come in the sport.
Serena Williams admits she will start her challenge for a sixth Wimbledon title still fuming over her shock defeat at the French Open.
Roger Federer claims Rafael Nadal`s vulnerability on grass will be a significant boost to his chances of winning Wimbledon for a record-breaking eighth time.
Monica Seles has said "yes" to 72-year-old billionaire, Tom Golisano, and is all set to walk down the aisle with him.
Rafael Nadal clinched his ninth French Open and 14th career Grand Slam title on Sunday with a brutal 3-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4 victory over a battling Novak Djokovic.
Touching a new high, India`s tennis ace Sania Mirza today became world number six in doubles, her career-best ranking, as the new chart was released following the conclusion of the French Open.
Rafael Nadal believes his ninth French Open triumph is payback for his injury-hit Australian Open defeat earlier this year.
Kenya will not participate in the 2014 Davis Cup tournament owing to lack of talented players, an official of the country`s tennis association said.
With two weeks to go to the finals of the soccer World Cup in Brazil, small German start-up company GoalControl has the technology ready make the calls cheered and challenged around the globe: goal or no goal.
Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka was found seriously wanting on the wet clay at the French Open when he was beaten 6-4 5-7 6-2 6-0 by Spain`s Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the first round on Monday.
Rafael Nadal continued to search for his best clay form, surviving a shaky start on Thursday to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP-WTA Rome Masters and a date with Andy Murray.
Chinese second seed Li Na defeated Samantha Stosur 6-3, 6-1 to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP-WTA Rome Masters on Thursday, turning the momentum in a long-running rivallry.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!